Datos personales

Mi foto
I'm studying a degree in English Studies in the University of Zaragoza (Spain). I have created this blog because I am studying "Comentario de textos audiovisuales" and I have to keep a record of every film I watch in a portfolio.

miércoles, 16 de noviembre de 2011

The Perfect Man

I hate-love romantic comedies. When I'm watching one of them I know there will be the same trite situations. Usually, I hate interpretations and the end of the film can be predict only watching the trailer, but still I do not change channel. Besides, I have an excuse for watching The Perfect Man (Mark Rosman, 2005), it was Sunday afternoon!

The question is: How a romantic comedy can be even more corny that they usually are?
The answer is: Not one, but TWO love stories.



Holly (Hilary Duff) is a teen who wants her mother (Heather Locklear) to cheer up, since she keeps on dating the wrong men. So Holly thinks the best idea is inventig an secret admirer.
There are some "signs" in the film that tell us what is going to happen. For example, in a dialogue between Holly and Amy (Vanessa Lengiens), we can hear Adam's (Ben Feldman) voice: Eventually, lies are discovered.




Definitely, I would not recommed it, I do not like spending 90 minutes knowing what is going to happen at the end. Unless you have nothing better to do on a Sunday's afternoon. 

1 comentario:

  1. I love romcoms (good romcoms, of course). Some recommendations for you:

    Before Sunrise
    Before Sunset (this is actually the sequel to Before Sunset so make sure you watch Before Sunrise first)
    Singles (it's from 1992 but it's fun, and it's the film on which Friends, the sitcom, is loosely based)
    Beautiful Girls
    Sidewalks of New York
    The Break-up

    (and this is just the very beginning. It's a great genre. Don't hate it).

    ResponderEliminar