Datos personales

Mi foto
I'm studying a degree in English Studies in the University of Zaragoza (Spain). I have created this blog because I am studying "Comentario de textos audiovisuales" and I have to keep a record of every film I watch in a portfolio.

domingo, 13 de noviembre de 2011

Sex and Lucía

Lucía y el sexo (Julio Medem, 2001) is a compilation of crossed stories. Gradually, Lucía (Paz Vega), Elena (Nawja Nimri) and Belén (Elena Anaya) realize they are connected by a man, Lorenzo (Tristán Ulloa).





There are several characteristics of Medem's cinema that make him a director that I really like. I do not think of his films as a perfect example of good cinema, but I like him because he has a very personal style and I like the kind of stories he chooses.

- The irregular use of time is one of these typical characteristics of Medem's films. Sex and Lucía does not have a chronological order. The action of the film takes place in very different moments of the complete story. The information is given little by little. 
- The use of light in the film is extreme, we get very illuminated or very dark shots.
- Recurrent themes: strange connections between characters, the tricks of fate and love..

The thing I liked least about the film was the scene when Lorenzo and Elena's daughter is attacked by the dog. The only way in which we realize she has died is in the following scene, when the girl swims in the sea. This is a kind of return to the place their parents where together.


The beginning of Lucía and Lorenzo's relationship. Their complicity is the same as the one Ana and Otto had in Los Amantes del Círculo Polar (Julio Medem, 1998)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario