Datos personales

Mi foto
I'm studying a degree in English Studies in the University of Zaragoza (Spain). I have created this blog because I am studying "Comentario de textos audiovisuales" and I have to keep a record of every film I watch in a portfolio.

domingo, 20 de noviembre de 2011

Annie Hall

We are told, as students of "Comentario de textos audiovisuales en inglés I" (Something like "An introduction to Film Studies")  that films have certain rules. For example, a character does never look at the camera directly. These non-written rules are followed in almost every film.

Annie Hall (Woody Allen, 1977) is not a typical film. I do not know a lot about cinema, and I have not seen a lot of 70s' films, but I think it was a breath of fresh air.

To begin: Annie Hall's opening. Alvy Singer (Woody Allen) shows some of his ideas about life. The film uses a lot of devices in order to show how actually characters think, feel, what are their desires and complexes.

 


 

Some scenes, as the animated one, or the scene in which Marshall Mcluhan suddenly appears in the cinema are simply delirious and extremely original.


In the familiar lunch, Alvy thinks he is seen as a Jewish stereotype. This is a device that let us knowing that Alvy is feeling observed and judged.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario