Datos personales

Mi foto
I'm studying a degree in English Studies in the University of Zaragoza (Spain). I have created this blog because I am studying "Comentario de textos audiovisuales" and I have to keep a record of every film I watch in a portfolio.

jueves, 29 de diciembre de 2011

Never let me go

Gema would like Never let me go (Mark Romanek, 2010). It is a dystopian film about three children and how their relation develops as they grow up.
First, we are shown, by a flashback, the daily life at the boarding school. It is not only by the kiss in the photo, but by Kathy (Carey Mulligan) and Tommy (Andrew Garfield) sweet little gestures that we learn they love each other.


Time passes, and things get complicated. But it is through acting that we know there is still something between Kathy and Tommy. Even if Tommy does not seem to be interested in her, he is.


There is another interesting aspect in this film. They are not normal people, they have an special purpose. And that purpose does not let them live what we think a "normal life" is.
It is easy to like Never let me go. The locations, the dystopian story, the cast.. Impeccable in every detail.

1 comentario:

  1. Its for me? I'll see that film! haha
    I want to recommend other: "Una casa de locos", the original is L' aubergue espagnole...I have just saw the end on TV and it seem funny...smuacks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXTZcdYwZOk ;)

    ResponderEliminar