Datos personales

Mi foto
I'm studying a degree in English Studies in the University of Zaragoza (Spain). I have created this blog because I am studying "Comentario de textos audiovisuales" and I have to keep a record of every film I watch in a portfolio.

lunes, 30 de abril de 2012

Not another teen movie.

Not another teen movie (Joel Gallen, 2001) is a film that needs a very specific spectator. It could be a teenager or adult who had watched the up-to-date American movies at the time as American Beauty and the most popular teen-pics as Grease specially the 90s, as She's all that, 10 things I hate about you , Never been kissed or American Pie and also Tv series as Popular. 

 Reference to American Pie.

 Very similar to Popular.

These are only the ones I have recognised. I am 19 and Spanish, so I am sure there are a lot of references to other teen films I have not watched. 

This is the reason why I think this is a film you can enjoy only if you have a very specific cultural background. If not, the viewer will understand nothing, and will laugh never. What I like of the movie is that it is kind of ironic and criticizes the stale teenpics

If you have watched some American movies and want to have fun for an hour and a half, I recommend you Not another teen movie. Not just like one teen movie, but, in some way, like 10 of them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario