Datos personales

Mi foto
I'm studying a degree in English Studies in the University of Zaragoza (Spain). I have created this blog because I am studying "Comentario de textos audiovisuales" and I have to keep a record of every film I watch in a portfolio.

domingo, 1 de febrero de 2015

Trouble in Paradise (Ernst Lubitsch, 1932)

 


GASTON
That's hotel life. In one room a man loses his wallet (very tenderly) and in another room a man loses-- his head. (He tries to kiss Lily.) LILY (holding him off gently) Please. (Very sincerely.) When I came here it was for a little adventure--a little game which you play tonight and forget tomorrow. But something has changed me--and it isn't the champagne. (Gaston, also with sincerity, takes her hand.) The whole thing is new to me. Very new. I've got a confession to make to you. (After a slight pause.) Baron, you are a crook. (Gaston's expression doesn't change.) You robbed the gentleman in two fifty-three, five, seven, and nine. (Still Gaston's expression doesn't change. After a slight pause, Lily turns back to the table.) May I have the salt? GASTON (passes the salt with an elegant gesture) Please. LILY Thank you. GASTON The pepper, too? LILY No, thank you. GASTON You're very welcome. (There is a short silence as both continue with the meal. Then, with great candor.) Countess, believe me, before you left this room I would have told you everything ... And let me say this with love in my heart-- Countess, you are a thief. (Lily drops her knife and fork.) The wallet of the gentleman in two fifty-three, five, seven, and nine is in your possession. I knew it very well when you took it out of my pocket. (With great charm.) In fact, you tickled me. (Moving closer to her.) But your embrace was so sweet ... (He caresses her hand lingeringly. Then he gets up, walks out toward the open window.) CLOSE SHOT at the window. Gaston enters, closes the window, and pulls the curtains. Looking back at Lily with smiling promise, he returns to the table. CLOSE SHOT TABLE Gaston goes to her, takes her hand, and draws her to her feet. She looks at him expectantly. Gaston takes her in his arms. It looks like the start of a passionate love scene. Suddenly, unexpectedly, he grabs her by the shoulders, shakes her violently. INSERT Of their feet. Wallet falls from Lily's dress. CLOSE SHOT GASTON AND LILY Gaston reaches down, picks up wallet, puts it casually in his pocket, then gracefully holds chair, inviting her to sit. GASTON Countess. Lily sits with all the poise of a lady. Gaston sits. They continue the meal as if nothing has happened. LILY I like you, Baron. GASTON (fervently) I'm crazy about you. (He reaches in his side pocket, takes out a diamond brooch which Lily wore when she came in.) By the way, your pin. Lily is flabbergasted. She looks down to her bosom. Indeed, the pin is missing. She accepts the pin. LILY (With a little smile of shame) Thank you, Baron. GASTON Not at all, Countess ... There's one very good stone in it. LILY (as she fastens the pin) What time is it? Gaston reaches for his watch, discovers it is missing. He gives Lily a look of admiration and astonishment. Lily smiles triumphantly, opens her purse, lifts out the watch, hands it to him. He takes it with a bow. LILY It was five minutes slow, but I regulated it for you. They bow to each other like two Chinese mandarins. GASTON (tenderly) I hope you don't mind if I keep your garter. Lily almost leaps out of her chair. She raises her skirt; her hand searches for the garter. It is missing. Gaston takes the garter out of his breast pocket, shows it to her, kisses it, puts it back, and buttons his coat. Lily is delighted. This is the highest compliment ever paid to her. She slides into his lap, embraces him. LILY Darling! (They kiss; very excitedly.) Now tell me--tell me all about yourself. Who are you? GASTON You remember the man who walked into the Bank of Constantinople and walked out with the Bank of Constantinople? LILY (thrilled) Monescu! GASTON Gaston Monescu. LILY (melting away) Gaston! They embrace and kiss again. COUCH Lily is lying on the couch, Gaston at her side, leaning over adoringly. GASTON I love you. I loved you the moment I saw you. I'm mad about you. My little shoplifter! My sweet little pickpocket! My darling!

(Script: http://www.aellea.com/emruf3/tip.html)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario